Our alert sending process takes numerous factors into consideration e.g. Time of the Day, Percentage of Matching Keywords, Difficulty of Applying, whether you are currently in Ad Mode or whether Keywords of your interest belong to one of the "High Volume Keywords" category (explained below) etc.
If you are not entirely happy with the quality OR relevance of alerts you are receiving, here are few tips to improve alert quality and make them more relevant.
- - If you haven't purchased a credit pack and are currently enjoying our ad-based, free version (See how alerts are charged to understand the difference b/w free and paid mode), you are being sent just 5 alerts/day, which means you are missing out on a lot of good quality job opportunities which may be suitable for you. Hence, buying a credits pack improves not only the quantity, but also quality of job alerts.
- - Go to Snhyper Web App. From the configuration settings, click on Job Relevance (see the image below)
In the pop-up box that appears, select the last tab (titled Settings). Next, move the slider for the option Job Relevance from Medium to High (see the image below)
Doing this will start sending you alerts only for jobs where the job description contains a very high percentage of matching keywords. Please use this setting with caution because setting the value to High will decrease the volume of alerts considerably as only jobs with at least 90% keyword match pecentage will be sent to you.
- - Certain keywords have been identified by us as "High Volume Keywords".
In other words, a relatively very high number of jobs are posted on Upwork containing these keywords compared to other technologies/keywords. These "High Volume Keywords" are :-
- - If you are using any of these High Volume Keywords as Primary Technology for any of your Projects entered in Snhyper, we recommend that you also add a few projects WITHOUT any of High Volume Keywords as Primary Technology. e.g. if you are a Wordpress Developer, kindly do not submit only those projects where Wordpress was the Primary Skill. In other words, add a bit of variety to the Primary Technology field.
- - Even if you are not using any of the High Volume Keywords as Primary Technology, adding a bit of variety to the "Primary Technology" field may improve alert quality. Try a few combinations to optimise the alert quality.
- - Try adjusting your "Job Category" configuration from the web app. e.g. It may appear that most jobs related to designing Wordpress Themes are posted under the Front-End Development OR Design (Web, Mobile, UX/UI) categories on Upwork. However, the fact is that most Wordpress Theme Design Upwork jobs are posted under the CMS (Development, Customization) job category on Upwork.
- - In the same fashion, selecting both, Full Stack Development and Back-End Development job categories is recommended even if you are looking for only Back-end related jobs e.g. ASP.NET, C#, Python, Java, NodeJs, RoR, PHP (and PHP Frameworks like Laravel/Symfony etc). This may seem counter-intuitive, however, unfortunately that is how most jobs are categorized on Upwork.
- - Whenever you select Front-End Development or Back-End Development from the job categories, we also by default check the "Full Stack Development" option for you. The reason is that a very high number of pure front-end or pure back-end jobs are posted under Full Stack Development category instead of their respective categories and we don't want you to miss out on them.